3 on 3 BASKETBALL RULES
• Game play is 3 on 3. Teams must 3 players to start the game.
• NO JEWLERY
• Basketballs will not be provided. Each team must bring their own.
• Game length is 20 minutes or the first team to 21+ points. The clock will run continuously throughout the whole game.
• The clock will only stop of injuries.
• No timeouts.
• Overtime will be 1 minute in length.
Start of the Game
• Starting possession will be determined by a method of the refs choosing (i.e. rock- paper-scissors, odd/even, coin flip, ect.)
• All normal violations will be in effect except no 5 second count on ball handlers.
• Made baskets within the 3-point line will be worth 1 point. Made baskets outside the arch are worth 2 points.
• All technical fouls are automatically 2 points. Any player who obtains 2 technical fouls is ejected from the game. Any team with 3 technical fouls forfeit the game.
• All defensive fouls result in 1 point unless the player fouled was in the act of shooting a 2-pointer in which case 2 points will be awarded. All offensive fouls result in change of position but no points.
• No make it take it. Teams alternate possession after every made basketball.
• Ball must be taken back out past the 3-point line after ANY change of possession. A player must have possession of the ball and at least one foot over the 3-point line to have leagally taken the ball back.
• Teams may substitute during any dead ball within the first 15 minutes. During the final 5 minutes, only the losing team may initiate a substitution. If the losing team initiates a substitution then the winning team may sub.