1. A team consists of ten (10) players. A minimum of six (6) is required to start and continue a game. Roster size is limited to 20 players.
1. Jewelry: No jewelry or any other item deemed dangerous by the Intramural Staff may be worn such as bracelets, earrings, necklaces, ect. Any player wearing exposed permanent jewelry (i.e. body piercings) will not be permitted to play.
2. Shoes: Regulation rubber-soled cleats, plastic cleats, detachable rubber cleats that screw into the shoe, and tennis shoes are the only permissible footwear. Sandals, street shoes, hiking boots, combat boots, or metal spikes are not allowed. No player will be allowed to participate in bare feet. No steel cleats or shoes with detachable steel cleats that screw onto the shoes may be worn.
3. Kickballs will be provided by the Rec Sports staff at the game site.
1. Each game has a 40-minute time limit. There is no minimum or maxium number of innings.
2. All playoff games will continue into extra innings until a winner is determined.
Start of Game
1. A captains meeting will take place before the game. A method of deciding home and away will be determined by the umpire/supervisor of the game (i.e. coin toss, odd or even, rock/paper/scissors, ect.).
A. Teams will pitch to their own kickers.
B. Pitchers (of the kicking team) will not be responsible for playing defense. If the pitcher is struck by a kicked the kicker will be called out and runners must return to the base occupied at the time of the at bat. In all other situations, the pitcher must move clearly out of the way of a defender making a play or the potential path of a throw.
C. The pitcher shall stand with at least one foot in contact with the pitcher’s line until the ball leaves the pitcher's hand.
A. Each kicker will receive a maximum of two (2) pitches. If the kicker has not put the ball in play after two (2) pitches he/she will be called out.
B. There will be a kicking line a few feet in front of home plate. If the kicker crosses the line before the ball is kicked he/she is out.
C. Each team will have three (3) outs per inning.
D. No bunting. A kicked ball must clear the established bunt line in front of home plate to be in play. Balls that come to rest inside this area is considered foul and an out will be recorded for the kicker.
A. No leading off or stealing is allowed. Base runners may leave the base when the ball is kicked.
A. Only one defensive player may be inside all base lines. All other players must start even or behind the bases. Catchers are optional.
B. All other defenders may position themselves in any defensive alignment they want.
C. The kicker is out in situations similar to softball (forceouts, flyouts, etc). In addition, a runner is out when he/she is hit by a thrown ball any where on the body.
D. There is no infield fly rule.
1. If a team is up by 20 or more runs after 30 minutes, 15+ runs after 35 minutes the game will be over.
1. All Players will be in the lineup once signing in. And can substitute on defense at any time
1. Each team must have a minimum of six (6) players (at least 3 males and 3 females) in order to begin a game. Teams may bat their whole roster, however, the batting order must alternate male and female. If a consecutive gender bats back to back an out will be recorded.
2. The defensive team may be set in any alignment but must not have more than 5 of each gender on the field with a maximum of 10 players.
3. Substitutes may only enter for their own gender.