1. Teams entering intramural competition may have no more than two (2) players on the roster composed of Sport Club members at one time.
2. Club players must wear jerseys from the RecSports staff as they enter the game.
NOTE: It is the team’s responsibility to bring eligibility issues to the attention of intramural staff.
1. Each team consists of six (6) players. Each team must have a minimum of four (4) players in order to begin a game.
1. Teams are encouraged to bring their own volleyballs to warm up with. Rec Sports will provide a game ball.
2. Shoes: Basketball and/or athletic shoes are the recommended footwear. No black-soled shoes that may mark the floor are permitted. Sandals, street shoes, or boots are not allowed. No player will be allowed to participate in bare feet.
3. Jewelry: No jewelry or any other item deemed dangerous by the Intramural Staff may be worn during play. Any player wearing exposed permanent jewelry (i.e. body piercings) will not be permitted to play.
4. There will be no hats, bandanas, or hard barrettes worn during play. Cloth (elastic) bands may be used to control the hair.
5. Players may wear soft, pliable pads or braces on the leg, knee, and/or ankle. Braces may not have any exposed metal and/or screws. Braces made of any hard material (including plastic) must be covered with a padded sleeve or at least one-half inch padding for safety reasons. Under no circumstances will a player wearing a cast or splint be permitted to play.
6. If eyeglasses are worn, they must be unbreakable. Each player is responsible for the safety of his/her own glasses.
1. Each match will consist of a 25 minute time limit. All games will be played to 15 points. There is not a set number of games that will be played each time. If there is time left on the clock teams should start another game. At the end of the 25 minutes the teams with the most games won when the match. If a game starts the team who is ahead when time expires will receive the point for that match.
2. Scoring: Rally scoring is the method used. A point shall be scored by the opponent each time a team commits a fault. If the serving team wins the rally, it scores a point and continues to serve. If the receiving team wins the rally, it scores a point and gains the serve.
3. Each team shall be permitted two (2) timeouts per match. Timeouts will only be granted during a dead ball or before the referee's whistle for the serve. The match clock does not stop during timeouts.
4. The teams shall change sides of the court for the second game. Teams shall not change sides of the court in the middle of the game.
a. A team shall continue to serve until a loss of rally is awarded to the opponent or the game ends.
b. The serve alternates to the opponent when a point/loss of rally is awarded to the opponent.
c. Let Serve, a served ball that hits the net without touching the antenna and continues across the net into the opponent's court is playable live ball.
d. It is illegal to block a serve or attack (spike a serve).
a. Players may make a substitution when play is stopped following a fault resulting in that team gaining the serve. A substitute must enter the serving rotation at the server's position.
7. Playing the ball
a. Teams may only hit the ball 3 times to advance it over there net. A block does not count as a hit.
b. Teams may not contact the net at any time. (The Scorekeeper will call the net)
8. Teams must rotate positions before each serve. They can not stay in the same position for the whole game.
1. Each team shall consist of six (6) players comprised of 3 men and 3 women.
2. Substitutions mus be male for male and female for female.
3. The serving order and positions on the court shall alternate male and female. (Exception: A team playing with 5 players)
4. There are no restrictions on males or females at the net.
5. If a team hits the ball more than once on its side of the net, the ball must be contacted by both genders before it may be legally returned over the net. Penalty for illegal contact, a point loss of rally awarded to the opponent.
1. One extra game will be played to 7 first to 7 wins. (Do not need to win by two)