Tennis is a Ladder League Sport and is Governed by our Ladder policies located at Rule 5 Ladder League Policies It is very important that you read these policies for a better understanding of what a ladder league is and how it works.
1. Singles will consist of only one player
2. Doubles will consist of two players.
1. Players must provide their own racket
2. Players must provide their own tennis balls and agree with their opponent on which tennis balls will be used for play.
Start of Game
1. Players will meet prior to the game and decide who will serve the first game by a coin toss.
1. Each match will consist of one 8-game Pro-Set. The winner of the match will be the first player to win eight games (win by 2)
2. The No-Ad scoring method will be used for all matches. Each game will be played to four points. The winner of the game will be the first player to score four points. If both players have three points (deuce), the next point scored will win the game. The receiver shall choose from which court the service is to be delivered on the deciding point.
3. In the event a match is tied at eight games each, a tie-breaker will be played.
- The first player to win seven points (win by 2) will win the match.
- The tie-breaker will begin with the first server serving once from the deuce court.
- The next server will serve twice, starting in the ad court.
- Service will then alternate after every two points.
- If the tie-breaker reaches six points each the tie-breaker will continue until a player establishes a two-point margin.
- Players will switch sides of the court after every six total points.
5. Coed Doubles
- Teams must alternate serving between male and female.